In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first!
The goal is not to turn kids into your kinds of adults, but rather better adults than you have been!
Today, I’ve got a license to organize a TEDx conference closely related to the mission of World4Children — TEDxKids@BC! Naturally, I am very excited about it — particularly humbled by the trust the TEDx team have extended to me and the efficiency with which they processed my application!
But this is not the reason I am writing this article — there will be plenty of opportunities to do so as the event starts to take shape. The reason has to do with the world’s children!
November 20 is Universal Children’s Day — an annual event that celebrates childhood, promotes mutual understanding among children, and motivates actions that benefit the welfare of the world’s children. This year, the event will be special because the TEDx communities around the world have come together to organize simultaneous TEDxYouthDay events on this particular day in over 60 locations around the world!
Growing up in former Yugoslavia, I was always looking forward to the celebration of the Youth Day, which was happening annually on May 25. I loved the symbolics of that event — it was exciting to watch as young kids were running a relay around the country, passing a baton through numerous young hands and visiting every major city along the way!
Are you dreaming too?
I am curious about everything and this blog is my way to ponder the meaning of the hard questions of life, mind, culture, future...
I like to engage with my readers so please comment if anything catches your eye -- criticism is welcome too! ;-)
What others read?
What others like?
Where’s the buzz?
|ftvgirls password on Helping kids live their dream,…|
|Anonymous on Back to their future –…|
|Raising human capita… on Helping kids live their dream,…|
|Music Lessons the Un… on Dale J. Stephens, a 19 years o…|
|Internet Time Allian… on Superman got it wrong –…|
- Terroir: You can taste it. Heinz ketchup has no terroir. It always tastes like everywhere and nowhere and the ... kima.me/1HBpV8R 12 hours ago
- Reckless abandon (is neither): It's not reckless, because when we leap, when we dive in, when we begin, only b... kima.me/1DXjc5c 1 day ago
- What Power Really Means: Cheryl Strayed Reads Adrienne Rich’s Homage to Marie Curie: A poetic and precise form... kima.me/1DWLuwF 1 day ago
- Thanks: In just two days, my new course for freelancers is the fastest-growing one of its kind in Udemy's hist... kima.me/1Hralwz 2 days ago
- People are real, but the crowd disappoints: Every crowd, sooner or later, will let you down. The crowd contain... kima.me/1JfQ2Ta 2 days ago