In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first!
The goal is not to turn kids into your kinds of adults, but rather better adults than you have been!
Today, I’ve got a license to organize a TEDx conference closely related to the mission of World4Children — TEDxKids@BC! Naturally, I am very excited about it — particularly humbled by the trust the TEDx team have extended to me and the efficiency with which they processed my application!
But this is not the reason I am writing this article — there will be plenty of opportunities to do so as the event starts to take shape. The reason has to do with the world’s children!
November 20 is Universal Children’s Day — an annual event that celebrates childhood, promotes mutual understanding among children, and motivates actions that benefit the welfare of the world’s children. This year, the event will be special because the TEDx communities around the world have come together to organize simultaneous TEDxYouthDay events on this particular day in over 60 locations around the world!
Growing up in former Yugoslavia, I was always looking forward to the celebration of the Youth Day, which was happening annually on May 25. I loved the symbolics of that event — it was exciting to watch as young kids were running a relay around the country, passing a baton through numerous young hands and visiting every major city along the way!
Are you dreaming too?
I am curious about everything and this blog is my way to ponder the meaning of the hard questions of life, mind, culture, future...
I like to engage with my readers so please comment if anything catches your eye -- criticism is welcome too! ;-)
What others read?
What others like?
Where’s the buzz?
|timkeen40 on Back to their future –…|
|ftvgirls password on Helping kids live their dream,…|
|Anonymous on Back to their future –…|
|Raising human capita… on Helping kids live their dream,…|
|Music Lessons the Un… on Dale J. Stephens, a 19 years o…|
- One way to get a raise: ...is to get promoted. And the best way to get promoted is to learn something new and... kima.me/2eUmNt6 9 hours ago
- Moral Courage at Knifepoint: One Man’s Remarkable Response to His Mugger Reminds Us of What Is Best in Us: An... kima.me/2exSCee 12 hours ago
- Fear of outsiders: Just in time for Halloween, some thoughts on our fear of the other, the people in the shad... kima.me/2eKCfJG 1 day ago
- Explainer, Elucidator, Enchanter: A Gradation of Great Writing: A visual taxonomy to illuminate the differenc... kima.me/2etLZK1 1 day ago
- On being irritated: Irritation is a privilege. It's the least useful emotion, one that we never seek out. Peo... kima.me/2eBknVa 2 days ago