In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first!
The goal is not to turn kids into your kinds of adults, but rather better adults than you have been!
Today, I’ve got a license to organize a TEDx conference closely related to the mission of World4Children — TEDxKids@BC! Naturally, I am very excited about it — particularly humbled by the trust the TEDx team have extended to me and the efficiency with which they processed my application!
But this is not the reason I am writing this article — there will be plenty of opportunities to do so as the event starts to take shape. The reason has to do with the world’s children!
November 20 is Universal Children’s Day – an annual event that celebrates childhood, promotes mutual understanding among children, and motivates actions that benefit the welfare of the world’s children. This year, the event will be special because the TEDx communities around the world have come together to organize simultaneous TEDxYouthDay events on this particular day in over 60 locations around the world!
Growing up in former Yugoslavia, I was always looking forward to the celebration of the Youth Day, which was happening annually on May 25. I loved the symbolics of that event — it was exciting to watch as young kids were running a relay around the country, passing a baton through numerous young hands and visiting every major city along the way!
Are you dreaming too?
I am curious about everything and this blog is my way to ponder the meaning of the hard questions of life, mind, culture, future...
I like to engage with my readers so please comment if anything catches your eye -- criticism is welcome too! ;-)
What others read?
What others like?
Where’s the buzz?
|Auto Repair in North… on Call for action – childr…|
|green smoke coupon on If you can’t win them…|
|heart disease in wom… on What makes you special?|
|awesome golden healt… on Blind people – a special…|
|Raising human capita… on Helping kids live their dream,…|
- Will they switch for cheaper?: In fact, most people switch for better. Without a doubt, there's a slot in ever... kima.me/1iqwvir 7 hours ago
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry on What the Sahara Desert Teaches Us About the Meaning of Life: “Man is first animate... kima.me/1fi2tyC 9 hours ago
- Entropy, bureaucracy and the fight for great: Here are some laws rarely broken: As an organization succeeds, i... kima.me/1qllaWu 1 day ago
- What happens to privacy?: People don't care about privacy as much as they care about being surprised. Most peo... kima.me/1qibn3p 2 days ago
- The 3 Questions You Need to Ask Before You “Do What You Love”: Designed by Juan Pablo Bravo for the Noun Proje... kima.me/O1VNK7 3 days ago