In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first!
The goal is not to turn kids into your kinds of adults, but rather better adults than you have been!
Today, I’ve got a license to organize a TEDx conference closely related to the mission of World4Children — TEDxKids@BC! Naturally, I am very excited about it — particularly humbled by the trust the TEDx team have extended to me and the efficiency with which they processed my application!
But this is not the reason I am writing this article — there will be plenty of opportunities to do so as the event starts to take shape. The reason has to do with the world’s children!
November 20 is Universal Children’s Day – an annual event that celebrates childhood, promotes mutual understanding among children, and motivates actions that benefit the welfare of the world’s children. This year, the event will be special because the TEDx communities around the world have come together to organize simultaneous TEDxYouthDay events on this particular day in over 60 locations around the world!
Growing up in former Yugoslavia, I was always looking forward to the celebration of the Youth Day, which was happening annually on May 25. I loved the symbolics of that event — it was exciting to watch as young kids were running a relay around the country, passing a baton through numerous young hands and visiting every major city along the way!
Are you dreaming too?
I am curious about everything and this blog is my way to ponder the meaning of the hard questions of life, mind, culture, future...
I like to engage with my readers so please comment if anything catches your eye -- criticism is welcome too! ;-)
What others read?
What others like?
Where’s the buzz?
|Anton on Blind people – a special…|
|Anonymous on Back to their future –…|
|Auto Repair in North… on Call for action – childr…|
|green smoke coupon on If you can’t win them…|
|heart disease in wom… on What makes you special?|
- How to Turn Creativity Into a Habit: Lightning designed by Adam Whitcroft from the Noun Project Creativity se... kima.me/1j1DQVH 5 hours ago
- When to Quit Your Job: When’s the right time to quit a job if it leaves you feeling hopeless, exhausted, or l... kima.me/1l7FFBU 9 hours ago
- The thing that happened before this: The most underrated scene in the Wizard of Oz is the hallway leading up t... kima.me/1exx2Sm 15 hours ago
- Fictitious Dishes: Elegant and Imaginative Photographs of Meals from Famous Literature: From James Joyce to Ma... kima.me/1l6pXqx 17 hours ago
- The Importance of the Daily Check-In: Question Designed by Rémy Médard for the Noun Project On LinkedIn,@entr... kima.me/1t5Yk6t 1 day ago