In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first!
The goal is not to turn kids into your kinds of adults, but rather better adults than you have been!
Today, I’ve got a license to organize a TEDx conference closely related to the mission of World4Children — TEDxKids@BC! Naturally, I am very excited about it — particularly humbled by the trust the TEDx team have extended to me and the efficiency with which they processed my application!
But this is not the reason I am writing this article — there will be plenty of opportunities to do so as the event starts to take shape. The reason has to do with the world’s children!
November 20 is Universal Children’s Day – an annual event that celebrates childhood, promotes mutual understanding among children, and motivates actions that benefit the welfare of the world’s children. This year, the event will be special because the TEDx communities around the world have come together to organize simultaneous TEDxYouthDay events on this particular day in over 60 locations around the world!
Growing up in former Yugoslavia, I was always looking forward to the celebration of the Youth Day, which was happening annually on May 25. I loved the symbolics of that event — it was exciting to watch as young kids were running a relay around the country, passing a baton through numerous young hands and visiting every major city along the way!
Are you dreaming too?
I am curious about everything and this blog is my way to ponder the meaning of the hard questions of life, mind, culture, future...
I like to engage with my readers so please comment if anything catches your eye -- criticism is welcome too! ;-)
What others read?
What others like?
Where’s the buzz?
|Anton on Blind people – a special…|
|Anonymous on Back to their future –…|
|Auto Repair in North… on Call for action – childr…|
|green smoke coupon on If you can’t win them…|
|heart disease in wom… on What makes you special?|
- Is digital the end of luxury brands?: Luxury goods as we know them were invented/amplified/regulated by Colber... kima.me/1jI7xdu 9 hours ago
- The Biggest Gap Between Men & Women: Confidence: An in-depth piece in the Atlantic this week delved into the i... kima.me/1idABNx 12 hours ago
- How to Effectively Manage Worthwhile Ideas: Funnel designed by José Campos from the Noun Project Organization... kima.me/1lIvOCK 20 hours ago
- Happy Birthday, Anthony Trollope: The Celebrated Author’s Advice on How to Be a Successful Writer: “My belief ... kima.me/1l5z78A 23 hours ago
- RT @TEDxKidsBC: This amazing team is looking for a Design Lead. If you are passionate about youth and inspiring ideas, apply today! http://… 1 day ago