In order to make anything a reality, you have to dream about it first!
The goal is not to turn kids into your kinds of adults, but rather better adults than you have been!
Today, I’ve got a license to organize a TEDx conference closely related to the mission of World4Children — TEDxKids@BC! Naturally, I am very excited about it — particularly humbled by the trust the TEDx team have extended to me and the efficiency with which they processed my application!
But this is not the reason I am writing this article — there will be plenty of opportunities to do so as the event starts to take shape. The reason has to do with the world’s children!
November 20 is Universal Children’s Day — an annual event that celebrates childhood, promotes mutual understanding among children, and motivates actions that benefit the welfare of the world’s children. This year, the event will be special because the TEDx communities around the world have come together to organize simultaneous TEDxYouthDay events on this particular day in over 60 locations around the world!
Growing up in former Yugoslavia, I was always looking forward to the celebration of the Youth Day, which was happening annually on May 25. I loved the symbolics of that event — it was exciting to watch as young kids were running a relay around the country, passing a baton through numerous young hands and visiting every major city along the way!
Are you dreaming too?
I am curious about everything and this blog is my way to ponder the meaning of the hard questions of life, mind, culture, future...
I like to engage with my readers so please comment if anything catches your eye -- criticism is welcome too! ;-)
What others read?
- Nature vs. nurture series
- Dale J. Stephens, a 19 years old entrepreneur and unschooler, wants to revolutionize higher education!
- There's no age limit for passion -- meet Perry Chen, a 10-yr-old film critic, radio show host, animator...
- Inspiring learning or learning inspiration?
- Slam poetry - of the inspirational type!
What others like?
Where’s the buzz?
|ftvgirls password on Helping kids live their dream,…|
|ignore this on I help others engage, therefor…|
|space Keeps Water on Call for action – childr…|
|Anonymous on Back to their future –…|
|Raising human capita… on Helping kids live their dream,…|
- Taking the plunge: Maybe that's the problem. Perhaps it's better to commit to wading instead. Ship, sure. Not ... kima.me/1tdLl3M 5 hours ago
- October 22, 1964: Jean-Paul Sartre Becomes the First Person to Decline the Nobel Prize: “A writer who adopts p... kima.me/1uDG2Hs 6 hours ago
- Biggest vs. best: There's not much overlap. Regardless of how you measure 'best' (elegance, deluxeness, impact... kima.me/1r6KRbh 1 day ago
- Happy Birthday, Ursula Le Guin: Dogs, Cats, and the Human Burdens of Beauty: “There are a whole lot of ways to... kima.me/1r6iSZ2 1 day ago
- "Desire is full of endless distances": Just one more level on this game, she says. Once I get to level 68, I'l... kima.me/1t2hVp5 2 days ago